Tuesday, March 27, 2007

8 Seconds


This past weekend we made a trip down to Salem to visit Zachary's family. It was a lot of fun and nice to finally be in some warm weather! On saturday we went on a horseback ride and had quite an adventure! We were riding when out of nowhere some dogs came running down the canyon. Zachary was in front and his horse got spooked and started going crazy. Zachary stayed on for his 8 seconds like a true cowboy and then decided to jump off. After he jumped off his horse, it took off down the mountain, and of course my horse followed! The horses were running full speed down the mountain with me on! I think I am more of a cowboy/girl than Zachary because I somehow managed to stay on the whole time! It was quite the ordeal for me as you can imagine! Zachary came running down the mountain and found me and my horse, but his was nowhere to be found! We ended up searching for her for 4 hours before we finally found her! It made for a long day, but we were grateful to have found the horse! This picture below is of Zachary after we found the horse!

8 comments:

Trav & Camille said...

Wow...that is crazy. Kari must really be a cowgirl! Ha Ha Can't wait to see you guys!

Trav & Camille said...

Ya...that would be fun! Seriously lets go to dinner or just hang out! When will you be here? Call me k!

Robinson said...

Zachary, that's a pretty sweet gold hat you're sportin. It sounds like you guys had a 'Man from Snowy River' moment. I'm a little jealous, I think. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Nat said...

Sounds like fun! Typical of Zac to jump off, way to show him how it's done Kari!:) I'm glad you were able to find the horse though.

The Mothership said...

Wow Kari, that reminds me of the days when Grandpa had horses! Only Kristin fell off, instead of jumping! Sorry, Kristin,I'm not trying to make fun of you! I'm glad everything turned out well!
Nicole

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

That story is HILARIOUS!!!!I was laughing so hard (not to make fun of you just the fact that the horses went nuts)! I think i would have been sreaming and that would have just made it twice as bad so good job for staying on!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I didn't even know you were engaged, let alone dating someone! I guess that's the way news travels in this family though...I'm always the last to know! How fun, I'm excited to check out your blog to see what you've been up to. Later!

Ben said...

Kari, that's pretty impressive you were able to stay on the horse! One of Grandpa's horses ran away on me once, and I think I only stayed on about 8 seconds as well, eventually falling off. At least you found found the horse!